Saturday 15 September 2007

Cash Is Dead! Long Live MTT's!

I've decided to stop grinding the cash games because I just cannot motivate myself to play them for some reason despite already making $100 this month. Since I've come back from my mini holiday I've hardly played a hand of poker and when I have I've ended up only playing 25 minutes or so where before I'd log 2-3 hour sessions. I can't put my finger on a particular reason, maybe it's because they're not exciting enough for me! With that in mind I've decided to hit the $4.40 180 man games over on PokerStars.

This morning, whilst Pudding Jr was having some breakfast I went through all the MTT's that I have played so far this year. I've mentioned before that as a general rule I've only ever entered MTT's when pissed or sometimes tilting because I know I can only lose a set amount of money by playing bad. More recently though I've been researching MTT's and have discovered how profitable they can be, especially at the lower stakes. I counted every MTT that I had entered on Full Tilt and PokerStars that had 90 or more people in and I was shocked to see I have only played 53 games. Some guys play this over 2 days because of the variance involved in these things.

Out of these 53 games I hit the money 15.09% of the time but my ROI is -16.69% meaning I've made a loss of $43.92 this year from MTT's. My average finish is 130/348 and I lose on average $0.83 per game so basically I am losing but almost break even. However, if I only take the 180 man games into consideration I have played 29, finish ITM 20.69% of the time with an ROI of 54.61% and a profit of $69.68. My average finish in these is 55/180 which means I make around $2.40 per tournament entered. I mean these figures are nothing to write home about but profit is profit and these figures also include when I first started out with the 180's where I failed to cash 7 games in a row and also another spell of not cashing for 8 straight games which happened a couple of months ago!

So once I have finished my barshift tonight I am going to fire up a couple of these, maybe 4, and hope to improve on these figures and get much closer to a 100% ROI and start to make this bitch we call poker start to pay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck bud...i gotta admit i keep being tempted back to the $4.40s.