Friday 28 September 2007

Now For Something Completely Different

Well I managed to ship the total of $16 to the Full Tilt fish last night whilst showing Pudding Dad NLHE ring games. We initially sat at a FR NL10 game with the idea of showing him what hands to ditch in the various positions of the table and let him know the reasoning behind each call, raise or fold and also to try to assign hand ranges to villains. To say we were card dead was an understatement, even my dad said he understands why I at least 4 table when the cards aren't falling but I also didn't play too good. Tiltsock sat at our table for a short while before leaving and I joined a NL25 game soon after, mainly to show my dad the difference in aggression. This is where I lost $10 with 97 against a tricky LAG on a xxQ77 board and he had J7. Meh. I played it horrible but dad seemed to learn that you can use position more than cards especially in NL.

So what am I planning for this weekend? Well poker playing time is going to be at a premium due to me having Pudding Jr tonight and until 1800 tomorrow then work from 1900-0000 Saturday and then 1500-2300 Sunday but I still plan to play a bunch......of SnG's! Why I hear you ask when all I've talked about is 20-30k hands of FR during October and that itself is the reason why. Basically I don't want to play cash until Monday so that I can jump straight in all refreshed without my tired weekend play playing on my mind and log a couple of really big sessions. I've also downloaded a 30 day trial of SnG Wizard which I really want to try out too because my knowledge of ICM and optimal bubble play is very average and I'd like to improve this and apparently this software goes through your hand histories and highlights problems, especially around bubble time and lets you know if you should have pushed or folded depending on your opponents calling ranges.

Pud Jr is usually tired out now by around 2100 due to school and running round like a dickhead with me so I may fire up a set when he goes to the land of nod. He usually goes to bed much earlier at his mum's house but he gets excited at mine plus I let him stay up longer than normal with me not seeing him much. Anyway, the plan is to play between 50-100 SnG's at the $2.25 level between now and Monday and analyze each one where I finished the final 5 using SnGWiz and see if I can increase my ROI somewhat by improving my bubble play. I plan to play a minimum of 6 tables at a time but I've not decided if I will play turbo's or standard speed games yet or whether I'll tile or cascade the game windows but that's a choice I'll make when push comes to shove but I'm edging towards the turbo donk fests just so I get to the bubble situations quicker and so I can fit more games in. Hopefully I'll learn something new and turn a nice little profit at the same time and be nice and refresh and in cash game mode for Monday!

Elsewhere, I have been getting addicted to the gayness that is Facebook, I can't leave the fucker alone! I restarted one with my proper name and so far I have 20+ buddies added and loads of really gay add-ons but it's fun and passes my lunch break quicker than usual plus I've managed to get back in contact with old work and school mates and even former Mrs P has signed up for an account! Talking of former Mrs P, she told me that she read Amatay's shagging post the other day and thought it was a really good post so you might have a new regular reader to add to your collection you Hammers supporting arrogant fish!

I have a mini challange for you. Watch this cartoon a couple of times in a row and this one too and try not to sing them for the rest of the night.

That's all for now folks, life is good and hopefully it'll be better when I've been owning the $2.25 donks this weekend! Have a good one boys and girls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

n im keepin my eye on you aswell you little mincer. wen u grow from the little ugly duckling you are now playin nl10, to a sexy little swan playin nl100+ il be an avid fan. until that day ... behave n keep in line. lots of love your local german roofer.