Friday 23 November 2007

Connected.....In A Fashion

Well the Pudding household is back online, well sort of. My "livebox" router / modem came yesterday from the goons at Orange and I started to set it up right away. My old Belkin router was a right pain in the arse to setup but this seemed nice and simple, plug in a few wires, run a CD and hey presto you're ready to go, in theory at least. Power on, check. Cables attached correctly, check. Installation CD instructions followed to the letter, check. Internet active. Go fuck yourself you piece of shit! I can connect with the ethernet cable but not via my Belkin wireless card. I've turned off security etc and nothing. Any ideas readers because playing with a wired connection seems pointless with a laptop especially when there is an 11 month rug-rat with a liking for cables and wires, shuffling around the place!
Another gripe I have is they said it would be an 8MB connection but it seems closer to 3MB at the moment but they did warn me it could fluctuate massively for around 2 weeks whilst my connection settled down. I think the guy from customer services in Calcutta was taking the piss to be honest! I've been searching the net today and hopefully will sort things out by the time I hit the hay later tonight. I didn't start playing last night mainly because I didn't have my roll on one site and also because I couldn't be arsed although I did fire up 10 tables to see if the connection could handle it and all seemed ok. I might try for a set of 4-6 tonight but I have Pud Jr staying over and he likes to hog it for Cbeebies and Mrs P has a slight addiction to MySpace too so I might not get to even log on at all, guess we'll see.

Not much planned for the weekend due to only having something like £2.53 until Monday although I should get £80 tomorrow from selling my cooker to a woman from accounts. I finally managed to sort a van out and Mrs P has offered to help move it so all should be ok. Think Mrs P and I might end up going for a few jars tomorrow night when Pudding Jr has gone home and get a chinky for tea or something because we've basically been stuck in the house since the move and it can get you down sometimes and I think she needs to let her hair down a little with all the grief she's been getting from the situation we've found ourselves in! At least we've no Step Pud until at least Sunday night so we can have a sleep in on Sunday which is great, especially as I don't have to go to work behind the bar anymore!

Fingers crossed I get off to a good start and hopefully get chat banned over the weekend!