Tuesday 4 September 2007

Pudding Gets Stacked!

Yesterday wasn't the best day for poker and if I'm honest I should probably have left it alone because I was both physically and mentally drained which doesn't exactly aid good, solid poker playing. It wasn't all bad as I still turned a profit, albeit a small one, but profit is profit at the end of the day and I'd take winning $0.01 over breaking even or losing any time of the week.

Things actually started brightly when I decided it would be a good idea to use the unwithdrawable (is that a word?) $25 I had left on Party to play in a $22 SnG and I came 2nd for a nice little $60 which meant I could withdraw $12.62 back to the USS Neteller and leave the original $50 in my poker account. The play was awful. I mean I wasn't even concentrating and I sailed through to the money by hardly playing a hand. If that is the regular standard for the SnG's on Party I think I might have to hit a few more once I have built my roll to around the $1k mark. I eventually busted when I pushed with 33 and KQo called me and villain spiked a King on the flop. Still, that's $80.29 I've managed to earn from this free $50 and I still have 11 days which to play around with it! Could be a little goldmine this free money!

After the SnG I fired up a couple of table of NL10 on Ultimate Bet and got off to a great start when very first hand I am dealt a lovely pair of bullets. With a raise and a call in front of me I bet the pot to look like a squeeze and the initial raiser went all in for the rest of his $5 stack. I of course call and he tables AhKh and I make a nice little profit early on! I then ended getting stacked by some poor play. I raise UTG with ATo after a quiet spell and get one caller who is running at around 35/20/3 and hasn't really stepped out of line but seems to like to call raises with a wide range. I flop top and bottom pair and bet pot and am called. Now I hoped he had something like JJ or KQ here. Turn is a blank really and I bet out almost pot again, villain thinks about it and pushes all-in. This screams "I have a set" but I find myself clicking the call button and of course he's get a set of tens I am felted. Fuck! So after 203 hands and a $9.45 loss I called it a day.

I've pencilled in a big session tonight and I'm hoping to log around 6-750 hands of NL10. I've nothing to do apart from go buy some new jeans for my holiday on Thursday so I should be able to get cracking by about 1900 and log a session until around 2200. I'm averaging around 230 hands per hour playing 2 tables, it'd be great if I could 4 table here because I'd be getting over 450 hands per hour which would be brilliant. I did consider withdrawing from UB and playing on Full Tilt but the rake there is horrendous at NL10. I suppose being able to play twice as many hands and getting 27% rakeback would counter this somewhat but we'll have to see, I might withdraw from UB when I go on holiday, that way I won't have any downtime whilst money is being transferred as I won't be able to play anyway!

I also played a little 7 card stud and also PLO on Party last night and was amazed at how bad the standard of play in both was, especially in Stud. I'm no expert in either game, far from it, but I know the basics and might give both games another shot tonight for a change of pace. Omaha is crazy as fuck and I really enjoyed playing it, even if I did only break even!

Thanks for reading, I'll see you at the tables!

Bankroll = $147.63
Needed = $4852.37

6 comments:

The 80th Minute said...

i fully agree even the smallest profit is better than a loss!

Dazza said...

I used to play at UB a lot. I recommend that you give the mini view a go. It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do, it makes multi tabling easier than any site I have played at.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Problem with the mini view is you can't really use PAHUD which I need to grab the HH.

Kenn said...

Pud you played any MTT's on UB yet? What they like?

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Great structure Kenn and by all account they are pretty weak players. Problem is they don't have many players entering them unless it's a biggy with an overlay.

Dazza said...

I have a template setup for PAHUD UB miniview which works well. Can send it to you if you are interested