Tuesday 2 October 2007

Friends Reunited

Here is a great recipe for you to try if you want to feel like shit! Take 8 cans of Kronenberg 1664, add a couple of joints, mix with far too many Lambert and Desperate fags, mix in little in the way of food and stew for three hours sleep, wake when done and walk to the bus stop with a bag that weighs as much as Rick Waller in the freezing cold! Tired does not come close to how I feel right now, even the sausage sarnie, large coffee and three cans of Red Bull have failed to blow away the cobwebs so far. I'm so glad this is becoming less and less like the norm and more of a one off occasion!

After work last night I went to my mate Brian's house for a few beers and a catch up. We're the best of mates despite not seeing each other for over a year and we decided it was about time we met up again. He met me in Leeds city centre and we fell right back into the groove instantly. We were going to go for a blast on his new Suzuki GSXR-750 but by the time we'd picked up beers for later and he'd sorted some of his business stuff out it was freezing and pitch black so we gave it a miss and decided to consume our beers instead. The beers flowed and we took the piss and talked about old times, old friends and about the issues I'd been having over the past few months and as usual I was given some decent advice and what not. It made me laugh how it took me 45 minutes to try and explain pot odds and expectation to Bri as we kept going off on a tangent due to THC consumption! Former Mrs P text asking about this and that and when I said I was round at Brian's she text back asking if "is he the one with the massive cock or the squeaky leather pants?" LMAO, don't ask! I also think I was a bit of a knob with potential Mrs P, nothing nasty but judging by my outbox on my phone I just kept going on and on about bollocks like I do after beer and smoking! Sorry darling! She asked if I was pissed because my spelling was shit but I'd only had two or three cans then but by the time I collapsed I'd supped my way through 8 of the bitches! Not good. I think we ordered a curry but passed out on the sofa so didn't hear the cunts turn up so Bri may now be barred from his favourite takeaway! I somehow managed to get myself up at 0630 and also find the right bus stop despite still being a little pissed still!

It was great to see Bri again and we definitely won't leave it as long next time, in fact he's coming over on Sunday morning to take me out for a spin on his new machine, weather permitting. I've got some great mates who I've neglected but who would still be there for me at a drop of a hat if I needed them and them me. I suppose that's the sign of true mates. I'd not neglected them on purpose, but it doesn't help when I live about £30 taxi ride from where they live, have to work weekends, can't get wrecked on Friday's due to me having Pud Jr etc and also money has been really tight for a while now and a lot of them have long term girlfriends, wives and kids. Since getting over my mental problems (well almost) and joining the rather gay but addictive Facebook, I've had the urge to get back in with my mates and family members again and get back to some sort of normal life. It's not costly either as I only spent £10 yesterday and we had a right laugh from start to finish, great value!

So I didn't get to play any poker so I will need to make up for that tonight. I've started to come round now so I should be fine by the time I get home around 1800. I'm planning to have a shit, shave and shower because I look like a Big Issue seller, feel grotty and have a mouth that is like a Turkish wrestler's jockstrap! I've still not decided whether or not I'm going to play full ring or 6 max either so I need to have a think during today. I eventually got through to the company that Poker Heaven uses for their cashier and it turns out they initially lied to me about it being Neteller's problem why my withdrawal was declined and that they had some "technical problems" the day they sent my money off so I have to try and make the withdrawal again tonight so I should have my roll back on Full Tilt in the next couple of days with a bit of luck. Depending on how tired I feel I aim to play between 1k and 2k hands tonight to catch up on yesterday's down time which means that I should be able to take a shot at NL25 tomorrow. I'm going to start to take a shot at the next highest stakes when I have 10 buy-ins for it and drop back if I lose 2 buy-ins as this will leave me with 20 for the stakes below. Hopefully I'll run like Spunk Sock and Amatay and tear the tables up!

Right time for my 4th Red Bull I think. Sorry about the slight fragmented post but that's all my head can manage today! Should have some poker content tomorrow with a few hands I've had trouble with during my session!

Take it easy guys and thanks for reading!

6 comments:

GB said...

hi any chance you can link me up plz

http://www.gazofcas.blogspot.com/

being a yorkshire lad and all!

Binner said...

GL with the Pokes tonight Yorkie. How long does it take to play 1K hands roughly? I never keep a track on that, would be nice to know.....

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Not too long as I multitable. If I play 4 tables of full ring it should take about 3.5 hours

GB said...

Niceone mate ive linked u to mine, where bouts u from in leeds? im a cas lad myself

GB said...

Lol yeh does always help Pud, what u play on betfair?

As i said Cas lad myself but in Chester comin bak to gods country tho at the weekend to see Cas stuff Widnes!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I don't play on Betfair mate, the software is horrific and my laptop seems to hate it.