Wednesday 19 September 2007

Another Small Cash And Some Heads Up!

I'm feeling more confident about my 180 man MTT game lately and with every game I complete I feel I'm becoming stronger. I'm still making quite a few mistakes don't get me wrong but I think I am learning from them and hopefully I'll stop making as many sooner rather than later. I honestly feel that I only need a few more tweaks to my game to take things to the next level and start actually winning or going deep in some micro and small stakes MTT's. I don't think I am doing too badly considering I've not even played 40 of these things!

I played in two 4/180's last night with Spunk Sock outlasting him by finishing 70th (LOL!) and 18th with the top 18 being paid. I'm a bit pissed off with myself because I was again a decent chip leader with only 30 remaining and then the wheels fell off. I lost a decent amount of chips when I checked in the BB with 72o, the Hammer! Flop comes A42 with two spade and I bet about half the pot and am called. Turn is a blank and we both check and the river brings the 3 spade and I bet 2/3 pot and villain calls with 44 for a flopped set. I then lost some more chips when I was priced in to call a shorties push after I raised 1st in with T9s and he had KQ and I couldn't hit and by the time the 2nd break came I was 12/22 with a 9.7k stack but blinds of 300/600/50a. Almost immediately after the break the bubble burst and I managed to cash but I opened pushed 62o on the button and the BB woke up with KK. Now the guys at RTR didn't like this shove but I saw it as an opportunity to gather 1350 chips and give myself another orbit for free. Now if BB doesn't wake up with Cowboys then this hand never gets posted. I'd been card dead for an age and stupidly let myself get blinded down and I don't think the blinds are calling without monsters. Bad timing I think, maybe I could have hung on another couple of hands but I made the play and it didn't work.

I'm going deep pretty regularly in these I just need to focus towards the end and start to make my cashes count as the payout is pathetic before the final table and even then it's not exactly cracking until the final three places. Something for me to work on over the next few days. I might even hit one tonight after work because we've been shutting around 2230 recently so would be settled upstairs for about midnight so even final tabling one of these bitches would only take me to 0300 and give me 4.5 hours sleep! Now I'm not smoking and the drinking has calmed down I am sleeping really well and finding it easier to get up on a morning.

Dear Yorksh1rePud,

You finished the tournament in 18th place.
A $8.64 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 51.49 tournament leader points in this tournament.
For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at
http://www.pokerstars.com/tlb_tournament_rankings.html

Congratulations!
Thank you for participating.

I decided to try play some full ring cash games last night and managed to get stacked 2nd hand in! I had Th8h in the SB and 4 of us saw a beautiful flop of TT8, the money went in and villain has QQ of course the turn brings a fucking slag and it's good by 100BB and fuck you cash. I just can't get into the cash mindset at all lately which is a shame as it's usually my most profitable game! Since cash games suck big donkey dick I had the bright idea to fire up some $2.20 HUSNG for a change of pace and being the self proclaimed HU God I managed to win 3 games in a row by being super and awesome! I actually enjoy the HUSNG but really need to do some studying of them but first impressions are they could be quite profitable because the villains are just so aggro it is untrue and most games are over in less than 10 minutes! Well see how they go anyway, I'll probably get fed up pretty quickly as I do with everything!

Worst of all fucking SpunkSock is flopping quads and sets at an alarming rate and is really tearing up the tables the fucker and is leaving me for dead in the race to $5k! I'm thinking of taking a week off to hammer the fuck out of the tables just to draw level because I did have 5 days where I couldn't play, plus 2 before I got my loan for $50 on Stars and that cunt plays during the day I don't care what he tells you! I'll catch you mate don't worry and I'll let you know my very sad roll at the beginning of next week!

You're probably wondering why my beautiful Milla Jovovich has made an appearance again on my blog and there is no reason apart from she looks gorgeous and I couldn't find a suitable picture to head my post! Oh she was on the box too last night in 5th Element but I couldn't be arsed watching it all the way through though I did get to see her tits which is always a pleasure and never a chore!

Not much play planned for tonight because it is my barshift as previously mentioned. If I have time after my shit, wank, shower and shave I might hit a couple of HUSNG but if not and I feel ok when I've finished I might hit a 4/180 or see if there are any micro donkaments starting!

Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables, unless you're Spunk Sock!

7 comments:

exile57 said...

'' If I have time after my shit, wank, shower and shave I might hit a couple of HUSNG ''

I wish my time management was so well planned, lol :)

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Nice to see you back Jo!

Anonymous said...

LOL I dont play during the day, honest guv.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

You lying twat you were emailing and texting when you were in your tourney the other day!

I'll catch you bitch, you can't run like God forever!

Amatay said...

WTF is this??? You aint oopdated your blog for nearly a whole day! Thats 24hrs with no Puddination. You got writay's block? Usually you produce at least 2 posts a day feeeeesh, sort it oot

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I really can't think of anything at the minute mate! I've lost focus on all things poker related for some reason.

I'll see if anything comes to me this afternoon, actually working for once!

Anonymous said...

UPDATE U FISH!