Wednesday 3 October 2007

I Finally Run Like God!

I didn't play even half of the hands I expected to play last night because I was totally knackered by the time I arrived home. I hardly slept Friday or Saturday and had minimal sleep Monday and it finally caught up with me and I could feel my concentration levels dropping rapidly so decided to call it a day after a mere 488 hands, although I did manage to turn in a nice profit of $33.60! Ship It!

When I got back to the pub I ordered a nice cold pint, of Pepsi that is! Yes Pud drinking soft drinks, make a note of it! In an attempt to wake myself up I jumped in the shower and took with me the greatest shower gel on the planet, Original Source Mint and Tea Tree. It's fucking awesome! The mint really wakes you up and I tell you what lads, wash your bollocks and bell end with it for a different experience, it's weird but nice. Bit like if you fill a condom full of water, freeze it, use it as a dildo on your missus then fuck right afterwards, that kind of weird! Now there's something you married lot should convince the missus to try. Yorkshire Pudding, sexual therapist, at your Cervix! Back on track Pud you twat! Right, I opted for 6 max because basically full ring bores me to tears! Yeah it can be very profitable but it's more about letting the game come to you and waiting for big hands where I like to be the aggressor and I often come unstuck at full ring by being too aggressive and loose. I fired up 4 tables of NL10 and got to work.

From the off I felt in control but was getting frustrated that the majority of my raises weren't being called and I was taking down loads of $0.25 pots but when some other fish raised they were getting callers and being paid off but I kept in control of my emotions and plodded along as normal. Then I started with a rush of cards and although I wasn't being paid off handsomely with them I did manage to take down some half decent pots with c-bets and delayed c-bets. Then the poker Gods (amen) gave me three hands in quick succession which resulted in the villains being stacked. It obviously helps when you flop a straight here and here and then turn a set when a loose villain holds Aces but it's their own fault for over valuing their hand! About fucking time I hit some big hands me thinks! Comments on the hands? Like I said earlier I felt so tired instead of carrying on I decided to call it a night which is a change for me as usually I'd carry on playing and donate my chips to some random fish! I should get about 1.25 hours in tonight before I have to work the bar and depending on my alertness I may do another hour when I have finished although I have promised potential Mrs P that I'd download her some tunes so I might do that tonight which will free up Thursday and Friday for a couple of big sessions, so I can get back on track as I'm about 1k hands behind schedule at present but this is easy enough caught up.

I'm also getting seriously addicted to Facebook! I've managed to add over 30 friends recently and it's good to see what people are up to and stuff like that, especially as some of them I went to Primary school with and I've not seen them for about 15 years! Some of the stuff on there is a bit cheesy and sad but it's on the whole a good laugh and a bit of silliness is always good in my book. I'd recommend anyone getting a free account and tracking down some old mates, you might even get to see some pictures of fellow bloggers, including yours truly!

Life's good at the minute and I'm felling great about myself. I'm getting my friends and family back in my life and poker is going good too. I still have a few things to iron out but I should be back on totally top form in a month or so, so keep checking in to see what's happening in Pud's world! I've also added a few new blogs to my blogroll down the right so make sure you pop over and say hi. Amatay and Spunksock will have already been there though the internet stalking fish!

Thanks for reading and best of luck at those fish infested tables!

5 comments:

portdeco20 said...

what a bad call by the fish with K8, although it is 5c/10c so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt there.

nice set =)i couldn't fold aces in that spot tbh! im a fish!

congrats though mate and glad everythin is well, gl

Big Black Dog said...

i agree with port! glad you turned the set but i wd have blown my dough against you as well with AA on that board!! gl geez

Binner said...

Agree with everything here. AA is too hard to fold in that spot and also if another low card comes then TT becomes an insta call as well i believe?? Nice straights buddy, good to get paid off with them. But best of all the Mint shower gel, fcuking send it! Love that shizzle, have the full range...shampoo, conditioner!?! and the gel....makes the cock feel a million bucks.....best £2.10 ever invested....anywhere.

Jumping Jim said...

Yea can't go wrong with mint and tea tree, its like red bull for your nuts.

Those 3 hands are pretty nice yea. Pretty shocking AA min-3bet preflop. He deserved a stacking imo.

Hope the luck continues pud.

GB said...

Alrite Pud,

How many hands do you reckon you play a night and how long u play for? also how long do you think the average hand lasts?

Cheers pal,