Monday 12 November 2007

So Near But So Far!

How different this post would have been if it hadn't have been for fate selecting a couple of different balls from the bastard lottery machine! I rarely do the lottery but I bought a ticket for Saturday and chose numbers based on Mrs P's and my birthdates, sad but whatever. Sunday morning I popped to the local shop for bread and sausages and asked for the lottery results and when I saw them I thought I was onto a winner and nearly shot my muck in my pants! The numbers were 5/11/13/18/25/35 and the bonus was 7. After checking my numbers against these I had 2 numbers, the bonus ball and 3 numbers that were 1 number out. Fuck you life variance for getting me excited! I really thought I had 5 and the bonus ball which would have been good for just over £37k due to 34 lucky bastards winning, instead I was a pound down! Wasn't all bad as I managed to grab a bargain when I bought 12 sausages for a quid!

Another mini rant here now and this time it's the robbing bastard power companies getting a lashing from the Pudster! I moved into my flat last Saturday and it is totally powered by electric, no gas at all. There was some credit left on the token meter but when I checked there was only £0.70 or so, so topped up with £10 which the cunt just swallowed and didn't add on. After going through the settings I found there to be £921 on there, I mean how the fuck do you manage to get £921 of debt on your power and not get cutoff? Anyway, a quick call to customer services, who were based in English and not Calcutta, sorted it and the meter was reset on the Sunday and £25 credit put onto it. I checked the credit on Friday and there was only a fiver on it! Twenty fucking pounds in five days, you must be having a giraffe! That works out at abut £100-£120 a month in leccy! Obviously I called them and told them this was bollocks but apparently it is right because Pud Jr's mum is all electric and hers is a similar bill too. The cunts must be pissing themselves laughing all the way to the bank! I have managed to source somewhere almost £35 a month cheaper and I'm just waiting for them to ring me back.

I've just received a text message telling me my landline is now activated and with that in mind I have signed up for my broadband internet through Orange. I'll be paying £24 a month for up to 8MB wireless internet, free calls to landlines and Orange mobiles in the UK and they pay my BT line rental bill too! They've said it should be activated within 10 days but the last time I used Orange (Wanadoo) it was activated in much less time than that so touch wood my "Livebox" will arrive soon and I can get back on the t'internet and rinse some fishes at the micros and earn some fucking money because I am on the bones of my arse right now money wise and just an extra £20 would make a massive difference believe you me!

Despite the lack of funds things are still great in the Pudding household and things with Mrs P are going from strength to strength. We've talked quite a lot over the weekend and all's good and we're getting on great. Step-Pud seems to love me to bits, mainly due to me being on the same wave length as an 11 month old baby and just acting like a twat with him and making him laugh all the time! Mrs P is seeing a side to me not many people see because everyone knows me as a joker who likes to take the piss and stuff but I'm a pussy cat really and she's getting to see stuff now that I could only text or talk to her on the phone about. Overall, one week in and all's superb and I'm really happy right now. Only negative thing house-wise is that I seem to have blocked the kitchen sink so I need to invest in some Mr Muscle sink unblocker which is basically £5 for a load of shite that probably won't work but it's worth a try before I harass the landlord for the first time but if that's all my worries then I can cope!

I get the use of the pub landlord's car in a fortnight which I'm looking forward to because it's fucking freezing on my 20 minute walk to the train station! I've booked the 26th November from work so that I can drive him down to Milton Keynes where he'll stop with his mate for a night before jetting off to Calgary in Canada to visit his sister for 3 months. I've never been anywhere near London so I might visit a few sites depending on the time and stuff and Mrs P and Step Pud might be coming to keep me company too so at least I won't be bored shitless on the way back home from somewhere where I don't have a clue how to get there or back! Should be fun if that's what floats your boat!

So there you have it, Pud in a good frame of mind with things going well for him and gearing himself up for some serious Puddination of the uber-micro stakes in the next 10 days. I'm so focussed and determined now I can't wait to hit the tables, earn some dollars and start rebuilding things for Pud Jr, Mrs P and Step Pud! Hope you're all having good luck at the tables and I'll try check out your blogatays during the week!

4 comments:

ROSSI said...

nice one pud glad its going ok for you at last.

Anonymous said...

Thank fuck!! A happy post! Good lad you Yorkshire fish, glad it's all going well for you mate, about bloody time.

GWC said...

Pud being sensible, fuck me I just fell off my chair.
Anyway welcome back to the real world, fancy having to pay for your leccy?
Seriously tho, if the token meter is owned by the landlord he can take as much as 25% from it in profit...i.e. your tenner buys you £7.50 of leccy. Ouchh!! My advice is to switch your lights off when not in use.. and next time you move make sure you avoid these kind of meters.
London...get on the M1 and head south mate. Reverse that route to get home ;-)

voiceofjoe said...

Pud sorry, you've been tagged -just to help spread some humor into this world you understand..... your response will probably Fuck Off ... but hey i've tried