Friday 31 August 2007

A Cheerful Pudding

Although yesterday's post wasn't overly doom and gloom I wrote it at home in quite a sombre mood. I even told former Mrs P on Wednesday that I wasn't really bothered about the situation when really I was. I'm pretty good at pretending about how I feel about stuff when it comes to my emotions, it drives my mum mad and I bet a few others too. I think the fact that I described my feelings as being "numb" spoke volumes. Anyway, things have already started to look up after a long conversation with potential Mrs P this dinner time.

Every Friday, at work, we are allowed an hour for lunch instead of the usual 30 mins and because where we work is a bit out of the way the company puts on a coach for us and takes and collects us from God's own city of Leeds! I don't usually bother, instead I grab something from the canteen here, get a nice coffee from the coffee shop over the road and have a couple of smokes before doing blog stuff and surfing the t'internet. I popped in today though because I needed to sort my travel insurance out for next Thursday when I go to Lanzarote with my olds. Reason to be cheerful number one: £15 was all it cost! Earlier this morning I received a text from potential Mrs P asking how I was and stuff and I said I'd ring her on my lunch. We chatted as usual and she told me that all this didn't mean the end but that we just need to do it differently. She went on to say that she doesn't want to be with her boyfriend and she wants to be with me but wants to do things properly and not jump from one relationship straight into living with me in another, which is fair enough I suppose. Apparently it was viewing the flat last Friday that made her realise she was rushing into everything too quickly and it freaked her out so she stuck the brakes on.

Anyway, long story short it looks as is things might still be happening. I need to sort a place out for me to go to and she's going to sort her shit out and get her own place too and then once the dust has settled we can take it from there at our own pace without having to rush anything at all. It's not going to happen overnight but it's a start I guess and better than being left in limbo and not knowing what and why everything all of a sudden came to a halt. Like I said in the comments to the last post, time will tell. Also in a good mood because I had a pint of lager and a jacket spud with cheese and chilli for my lunch!

So my poker challenge begins in a little under 10 hours and I will then have 200 days in order to make $5k from NLHE cash games. It was going to be ending on 19th April 08 but I think 200 days sounds better for blogging purposes! I'm starting by playing at Ultimate Bet and sitting at the short-handed NL2 tables before moving to NL10 and NL25. Once NL25 is reached I will be considering changing sites, probably to Full Tilt, because I'm having trouble multi-tabling on UB at the minute. My two problems are the lack of resizable tables on UB so I have horrendous overlap and also the fact that their "force table to front" simply doesn't work properly so it gets annoying and causes misclicks and wrong bet sizes when another screen becomes active! I've emailed support but they're about as useful as cock flavoured lolly pop in all honesty and they're probably looking for a generic email to send me right now to fob me off! I can cope with misclicking and losing out on a $0.45 pot right now but would be a bit more pissed off at a $14 pot so a change may be needed unless a solution can be found. I've Pudding Jr staying tonight so I won't get to start until he hits the hay and by that time I'll probably need a beer and something to eat so it'll almost certainly be midnight by the so I'll hit the tables for a couple of hours before getting some shuteye.

Well that's all for now folks, good luck at the tables, have a great weekend and thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Amatay said...

Good stuff m8

Nevermore said...

No drinking allowed when Pudding Jr. is at the house...... remember?

The 80th Minute said...

So maybe the good guy doesn't end up alone at the end of this for a change.
@ Ultimate: Once you are used to the mini view, I think thats the way forward. After a while you WILL get used to it.

don't forget to also put updates @RTR.

Small Stakes Poker said...

Gatsby Award
wd wd
=)

Amatay said...

Congrats on ur Gatsby lol