Sunday 2 September 2007

Off To A Good Start For Once!

Well I've started my quest to take $50 to $5k in 200 days and it's all so far, so good. With the my first day's offical play also being the day I have Pudding Jr I wasn't expecting to play at all until I'd finished my bar shift but he fell asleep around lunchtime so I jumped on for a quick 30 minute session.

Party had given me $50 which I couldn't withdraw unitl I had to clear 600 points with before 7th September. I was initially going to grind this but decided to just stick it all on a NL50 table instead. I played about 70 hands then Booooooooom! A donkey raised UTG and I 3-bet with AK on the button. Flop comes JJK and donkey bets pot I jam and he calls with QT and misses and I am sat with $120! Kerching! I try to withdraw my balance, less the $50 from Party, and it lets me so everyone's a winner! Bankroll boosted! I played a little on Party after my barshift last night and managed to spunk away $25 on a semi bluff against a rock. I think I might enter 2x $11 or 1x $22 SnG when I've finished work tonight, at the end of the day it's free money which I can't touch so it's a no lose situation!

I officially started my challenge this morning on Ultimate Bet and with my bankroll being boosted to around $120 I decided to take a shot at NL10 with the plan to drop to NL2 if I lost a couple of buyins. Thankfully I never needed to do that as I managedto get off to a good start for a change and ended up $20 plus change to the good from 419 hands! I never felt out of my depth, nor did I think I would do, but I found out I can't play more than 2 tables there because of the way the active screen jumps around like some crazed crack whore after a fix. There was one point where I needed to act on all 3 tables I had open and they were switching from one to the other so badly that I couldn't act! I ended up checking on 2 of them just to stop the bastards from flashing! Anyone know a way around this?

Biggest Pot Won = I think I played this ok. I'd been active and wanted to let villain do the betting for me. It seemed to work as I got to stack him!

Biggest Pot Lost = Again I'd been pretty active. My bet on the river was more of a blocking bet because if he bets here say $1-$1.50 I'd really have a tough time folding but him instantly jamming after this bet said I was beat. I showed my AT and was surprised to see a set as I'd put him on a bigger Ace or even A9.

In other news I was awarded a Gatsby award for blog of the month by none other than UkGatsby. Paul gives out these awards every month and I'm pretty chuffed he's chosen my blog for this particular award, especially as my old blog was hacked and I lost all my old posts. Hopefully I can reproduce some of the craziness of the old blog here and get a few more readers!

Still not 100% sure what is going on with the potential Mrs P. I spoke to her Friday and in the early hours of Saturday morning but still not really any wiser. I've decided it's going to be a case of if she wants to chat or whatever she can contact me, I've chased for long enough. I'm off on holiday for a few days from Thursday so perhaps it's come at a perfect time for everyone really?

Right, I need to get ready for work soI'll leave it there I think. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and thanks for checking in!

Bankroll = $143.76
Needed = $4856.24

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi YP,

I was playing on UB at NL25 recently and the game are pretty good with bonus and rakeback. However on the laptop it is very annoying the switching of tables. I only really found it a problem when trying to take notes but still the overlap 4 tabling on a laptop was annoying. I'ved moved back to Party and the 25NL is very good as it is the lowest stake 6 max in the site. Give it a serious shot with your free money and your bankroll and I reckon you will be rolling in no time! Just look out for Doomswitch69!!!

ATB Doomswitch (from Raise the River)

Knightsridge said...

Good luck Mate, I'll be watching!

Anonymous said...

Ey up lad nice new shiny blog you got here. Don't be getting to $5k before me you twat.
Your old pal "Spunksock"

Pokeking69 said...

just to lety u know i have updated my link to ur new blog

good luck with challenge

PK69