Tuesday 9 October 2007

The Slump Continues!

Well at 1400 today I will be facing my boss and a Human Resources woman charged with the excessive use of Facebook during working hours! For those who can't be bothered to read older posts what's basically happened is for some reason my boss took it upon herself to search for my Facebook profile during her own time at home and because any action you take is time stamped I have been shown to be using Facebook during working hours. Rather than confront me and bollock me about it she's confronted me and ran to HR as if to try gain some Brownie points for herself. She's even compiled a Word document with every action I've taken on my account since I opened it! It's all bullshit.

Their case, for want of a better word, is full of holes and they seem to have avoided the first question on my lips which is why the fuck is my boss searching for me during her own time? Also, are they aware that to discipline me with excessive use of the Facebook website they have to monitor the usage of anyone who has access to that site? If Facebook is so poor for business why haven't the IT department blocked the site? If the IT department monitor internet usage as it states in our policy then why hasn't my usage been flagged? It's obviously not that excessive in comparison to other's usage then. It's almost like a witch hunt in this place once somebody rubs a manager up the wrong way and they do everything to make them uncomfortable and basically force them out. I've got a decent defence and if I'm not convinced that this isn't victimisation I will take legal advice. I shouldn't have used Facebook during work but I've always completed my work and the actually amount of time spent on it is minimal because if you've seen any of the stuff on there you'll know these silly quizzes and stuff take seconds. So finger crossed it'll all go ok, don't think it helps my argument that I was 15 minutes late this morning, of all fucking mornings!

I have checked my Doomswitch and it is set to Maximum Overdrive, which incidentally cheesy dance act 2 Unlimited made in the 90's! I played five of the $4.40 180 man games last night and came nowhere near cashing in any of them, in fact the best I came was around 50th which is wank. I posted in the Online Railing forum on Raise The River and if you go there and have a look at some of the hands that beat me when I was ahead you will LOL! Even Burnley Mik said my Doomswitch was well and truly flicked on! I honestly don't know what to do. Some people so take a break but most articles I've read say you can do nothing but plough straight through it and eventually variance kicks back in in your favour. I have lost a lot of confidence these past few days and have also lost all my profit for the month so I am back to exactly, all but a few cents, where I started on October 1st with around $250! I'm nicely over-rolled for the $3.40 turbo's which I could 6 table but the last time I played these I was also on a downswing and didn't cash in my first ten but that was also when I was trying to play turbo's like normal SnG's and was a fish! I'm also considering trying another game for a short while just for a change in pace, maybe 7 card stud because I've watched some of the games on Stars and they are so loose they have to be seen to be believed and must be profitable just by playing tightly. You see, I've lost my focus again and I'm splashing around games which is a recipe for disaster.

On a more positive note I am awaiting an email or text message from an old supervisor that could lead into a new career opportunity so fingers crossed with that one. I've also been passed a number of a landlord, from potential Mrs P, who has some furnished flats to rent for around £300 a month which isn't bad so I might have to give him a call and see what is included as I have some of my own stuff that I'd rather use if possible.

I'm sure that by the end of the week I'll be telling you how much I love poker and how I own etc because this slump can't last forever! I mean it's been 2.5k hands, 12 SnG's and 5 MTT's so I am due some fucking luck please! Maybe I should start playing half pissed again as that seemed to work! Haha!

Thanks for reading guys and best of luck at those damned tables!

9 comments:

Swifty said...

Good luck with the disciplinary mate :).

So far as poker is concerned look at my Sharkscope Stats on Stars (Cell 1919) - I mean really do it because above all else it should give you the confidence to plough on. I know you've been keeping up with my adventures and you'll realise how low I've been from time to time.

I play at pissy micro-stakes, but with hard work, a bit of luck and hopefully some good technical decisions I've got it all back.

Variance says I'm set for a downturn, and I think I'm ready for it (though the proof of the Pud etc etc ;)).

Just don't play when you're on life tilt. It doesn't affect the cards that come down but it does affect your reaction to them.

Really hope you have a better time of it :)

Spunksock said...

let me know how the meeting with your boss goes. Also, where abouts do you want to live in Leeds mate, I have a few contacts now out there for rented accomodation.

Anonymous said...

hope the meeting went well m8 and the live game even better. post an update or something on RTR about both.

cheers
Cogs

Dazza said...

If you are looking for soft micro limit games, play the HORSE games on Full Tilt. Some people on there don't even know what razz is and will keep re-raising you when they have 3 kings showing. They are a lot of fun when you are bored.

Jumping Jim said...

Yea hope the disciplinary went ok.

Regards the sick luck, I think its best to take a few days off than plough through it as I believe you won't play as well when your confidence is knocked. Rest from the game until you really want to play again and feel like you are going to win.

Kirby the German Roofer said...

Roofer here (BurnleyMicks Brother) Just wondering if you could pop by my blog have a read and maybe link me up if you like what you see. Cheers

http://germanroofer.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I know how the disciplinary went and you did the best thing IMO.

Anyway your latest SnG results must mean someone has switched your doomswitch to "only moderately on" LOL. Some of those hands from the other night were pretty horrific mate.
You will get through it, nothing keeps a good pudding down!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi

I've been reading your blog for a while, mate and really enjoy it.

I seem to remember you're looking at a career change or some training. Well you should seriously consider taking up writing/journalism for a living! You should write a couple of articles / short stories and send them off to a few magazines to test the water. I'm sure you'd get published!

GL :)

BH said...

Hey Up Mate. Shit, i didnt even see your comment on my 30 Sept post till i was reading back just now. Defo link swap yer, yours is on now.

Brent