Thursday 11 October 2007

Bankroll Doubled!

First of all sorry for the distinct lack of updates of this blog lately, I know I am one of the more prolific bloggers in our network but with all the goings on at work I've either not had time to update or not had the inclination for a few reasons but I thought after today's exploits the Pudster was allowed a brag post! But first things first.

Work is still a mess. I missed two calls and two emails from my boss yesterday asking that I attend a meeting at 0900 today to discuss my unauthorised absence! WTF? I asked when the meeting had finished if I could leave and the answer was a loud and clear "Yes" so I left! I felt sick and unable to work when I arrived back at my desk so,with my boss not being there, I left a message with a collegue and then emailed my boss later that day to explain things. Nothing unauthorised there in my book, but whatever.
Actually played some live poker with Spunksock and our mate Jermaine. It was a £10+£3 double shootout and it didn't go to plan. I started off well hitting a flush with Qd7d and being paid off but Imade an awful call, based on slight pot odds, image and the fact I could rebuy with 55 and was against AK and TT and didn't suck out. Suckout I did later on with Qh6h to crack TT and Jermaine's AA with running Queens after a squeeze went wrong and those chips carried me forward towards the final table. I bubbled the final table though when I limped 1st in, in the SB, with 8h4h and was min-raised by a tool of a player. Flop comes AhQh6c and I check. Tool bets small and I'm not buying it to make it 5k to go with 400/800 blinds. He puts me all-in and I'm priced in on the flush and call. He turns over AA and I miss and go home in 10th. Whatever. Was good to get back on the live scene again and it was a good laugh all round.

Now my brag! I took 2nd in a $5.50 MTT with 315 runners for $236 and change, my biggest score yet! I deposited on Mansion because they've moved to the OnGame network and I get 36% rakeback so thought it's a win win situation but alas, my rakeback is no more. Anyway, i entered this tournament and told Spunksock I was LAGging it up for a change and things were going pretty well for me after the break. Top 40 were paid and once the bubble burst I started to make plays. I couldn't help but get my money in ahead for a change and finally hit the table sat 5 from 10 villains.

With 42k in chips and blinds 1.5k/3k there wasn't much room for error. I call a UTG min-raise with 33 and three of us see a flop. Flop is awesome and is 3AT, once check, a pot sized bet and I pushand am called by initial min-raiser who has AJ and is drawing very thin. Boom! 83k and 2/9 and I could taste a decent score. BurnleyMik was railing via MSN at this point and keeping me on the straight and narrow with SpunkSock! Lost 18k with blinds 3k/6k and 83k in chips. I raise 3xBB with Ah9h and a villain jams. I tank and fold. I'm happy with this especially as there were a couple of shorter stacks and I knew villain could be making a play but i didn't want to be a 65/35 favourite at this stage. Won a monster 173k pot with ATo all in against 2 villains, quickly followed by another 107k pot soon after for a clear chip lead!

Got heads up after I jammed over a push to isolate. I had AdKd and him Ac5c and flop comes AKx for a huge 270k pot and 2/1chip lead. HU villain was very aggro and I couldn't find the hands to play back at him and when I did he either jammed over me or folded when I had the good. One hand he raised his usual amount on the button and i jam with A5o. He calls with 77 and it holds. Couple of hands later I open push with Ts9s and he calls with K8o and flops and 8 and nothing for me but a nice $236 and change! Ship it! Only got my money in behind 3 times and those were two of the times! Winner got almost $400 which would have been great but I'm chuffed with that result as it take the roll to around $485 or so which is much needed I can tell you.

I think not using PAHUD and Poker Tracker helped me as I was forced to play situations rather than numbers which can be unreliable over a small sample so it's something I'll continue to do. Hopefully this is the start of a new beginning for me and poker!

Thanks for reading, I'll try not to leave it as long next time!

Take care guys!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes such a difference when the good hands actually hold up for a change. Congrats on a great take down mate!

Also liked quite a few of the moves you made (as you described them on MSN) and also didn't lety yourself get too attached to hands by making tough, but good folds!!

|Very good stuff mate. One day you might even be able to play the RTR league again so I can well and truly own your white rose azz!!

(white rose is the symbol of Yprkshire before anyone gets the wrong idea!!)

GB said...

sounds like its gettin bak on track mate, keep it up! and soon enough u can tell work to stick it and play poker for the big bucks!

Spunksock said...

LOL! congrats on the decent score mate, I had a feeling you'd do well and your brag phonecall confirmed things ;-)
Keep it up!

Amatay said...

Congrats on the $236 fish and the return of your mojo lol ;-) However that 8h4h hand?? WTF is that. You limp UTG ?? AHAHAHAHA Where you setting a trap with your 8 high or something?? jeeeeboss

Check In The Dark said...

Congratulations on a great result.

I think the play without the poker HUD and tracker is a good idea especially at low limits. As i have said before. Good solid poker, on the controlled side of aggression, then just have to dodge the bad beats.

I honestly hope its the first of many

Littleacornman said...

I have to disagree totally with the last comment!( the 1st part anyway!) You should obv never rely on HUD/Tracker software but pokers an information game and
any/every edge available should be used imo.

Use it to back up your instincts not replace them.

Anonymous said...

cheers pud, got e-mail earlier. waiting for a blog update now !!!

Cogs

Nick said...

Ship it!!