Friday 2 November 2007

Full Steam Ahead!

Two updates in a week from the usually prolific, but as of late lazy as fuck, Yorkshire Pudding, something must be wrong! But alas all seems to be going very well still which is great! Things are slightly better because I now have a set of wheels, albeit for three months only, as the landlord of the pub has booked his flights to Canada and has asked if I want to use his car whilst he is away which helps me out an awful lot especially when I need to pick Pudding Jr up and also now being with Mrs P who has what is essentially a step-Pudding!

I've moved some stuff into Pud's Palace today to save on the amount of work me and Pud Dad need to do tomorrow. I had a bit of a worry about my bed fitting into the bedroom because the bedroom is tiny and my bed pretty huge but after a bit of measuring and some mental arithmetic it should fit although it will be pretty snug but who cares, only sleeping and sexy time will be occurring in there anyway! I'm picking a van up at 1030 tomorrow and with a bit of luck I should be fully moved in for mid afternoon meaning that I can have a shower and chill out before I have to work behind the bar at 1900. I don't know if I'm going to carry on working there once the landlord leaves, I'll have to see how I feel to be honest because at the moment I need the readies but I really can't be arsed and would like stop having to work weekends and close the chapter on my pub life.

Also been to see Mrs P today to move some of her and step-Pud's stuff up to my place. I think she liked it even though it is a bit small and it's a fresh start for the both of us. Things are going great on this front, which I fully expected them to do, and we seem to be growing closer each day and I'm really enjoying everything we do. It's been a while since I've felt this positive and sure about anything and it looks like I've buried all my shitty times now and can start getting back to my normal self and start building for the future. Saturday night will be the first time we'd have spent the night together and to say I'm looking forward to it is an understatement. Underneath my bravado I'm a big soft twat really! I'm like some lovestruck teenager again and it's great!

I also definitely need to get back to the poker tables now that I have a clear head and focus again. I've seen a deal with Orange where for £24 a month they pay your line rental, you get unlimited 8MB wireless broadband and free calls to landlines and Orange phones. Once I have all my shit moved in I'm going to look into it because not only do I love playing poker and surfing the t'internet, it also means I can earn some cash and not have to get another part-time job to pay my olds back. I've worked out that by starting with a paltry $50 and 6-tabling full ring NL2 on Stars I could be rolled for playing NL5 in around 30 hours and then NL10 another 30 hours later. It'd be a true grind to get to there but once at NL10 I could quite easily make about an extra £170 a month playing as little as 20 hours a week which would come in handy for sure. How things progress from there would be up to my finances and how much I need the cash in relation to how far I want to move up stakes. I'm no longer bothered about trying to get to play NL600 and become a "balla" I'd much rather have my little hobby that I'm pretty good at and make a few extra bits of bread each month to pay for a few luxuries for me and Mrs P.

Well that's all for now, I'll try update again after the weekend but it's going to be difficult to do with me having no internet access apart from at work and we all know I'm on my best behaviour there! Good luck at the tables and best of luck to all in the Raise The River challange taking place at DTD Poker on Sunday. Join up to Raise The River through the logo at the top of my page for more details on this great prospect.

Take care guys and gals and thanks for reading!

4 comments:

GB said...

Well done mate, glad things are going well for you, tell ya what i have seen i think its with orange aswell you get a free laptop if you buy their internet package i think it was summat like that. anyway mate all the best,

Anonymous said...

Glad to see some positive posts mate. All the best.

Also always nice to hear of fishes returning to the tables !!

Cogs

Anonymous said...

looking forward t sat myself darlin xx

GWC said...

blog continues to reach its gayest point ever.