Tuesday 30 October 2007

Pudding 3, Life Variance 0!

Hello there boys and girls and anything else in between, thought it was time for a quick update since it's been a while. There's no real reason for the lack of updates except I've not really played any poker and I've been behaving myself in "real" life too and to be honest I just haven't really had the inclination to log on and start writing everyday for some reason but I'm here now! Why the title? Well for once, and I don't want to jinx it, things are going well for me and heading in the right direction for a change.

He shoots, he scores! Well I'm back at work after walking out after my disciplinary meeting which resulted in me receiving a written warning. The whole thing was a farce from start to finish and despite me answering all their questions with legitimate answers, backed up by our own system policies that they were charging me with abusing, they still decided not to listen and discipline me. I walked out, went home and signed myself off for the rest of the week, then went to the doctors who signed me off for two weeks with anxiety, issued me with Prozac and I chilled at home. I was dreading coming back because they were within their rights to basically sack me as I was AWOL really as the only contact I had with them was through emails! However, I had a meeting with Occupational Health and then my manager and despite having to now sit next to my boss and there being a strange atmosphere I look to have been able to paper over the cracks for the time being. Time to get my head down and crack on with things!

It's in the back of the net! I've finally managed to find a flat and I should, all being well, be moving in on Saturday! For the money it's a great little place and the landlord seems a stand up, decent guy to boot which is reassuring. As I type they are finishing off the decorating off having just fitted new hard-wood flooring and a new shower and it's looking pretty good. I saw one that they had already finished and it looked really nice but they ended up letting that one to someone recommended to them but luckily they were just finishing this one off and gave me first refusal which I obviously took. Paying the bond and rent for the month has really skinted me and I've had to borrow a couple of hundred off Pudding Mum and Dad and I'm also going to be a little tight on space initially until I sort what things I'm keeping and what will be off on it's merry little way but overall I'm looking forward to having my own place again even if it does mean living on my own initially. Still a few things to sort like all the bills and get my internet on there and stuff but I won't be able to fund any poker for a while so might not bother getting the net back on.

It's there! Pud gets his hattrick! Last and certainly not least comes number three. Pud finally gets his girl! It's been a long long process but things are really happening now and I'm as pleased as a puff with two arseholes! I spent most of my time away from work with Mrs P the other week and I'm really looking forward to our time together once all the shit blows over because it should be great. Everything about it feels right and without getting all gay and stuff I am buzzing my little titties off! It looks like she'll be crashing at mine for a couple of weeks until she manages to sort her own place out which will be great if a little different having a baby knocking around the place. All in all though I'm really looking forward to where all this is going and I'm sure I'll keep you posted over the coming weeks I'm sure.

Apart from busting my remaining roll on Full Tilt playing $0.25/$0.50 Stud Hi with rolled up 3's vs rolled up 9's there is nothing else to say. I have $20.51 on Stars and I'm due around $30 from Full Tilt from my rakeback payment but I doubt I'll be playing with any menaing until the New Year. Keep your fingers crossed that this is the turning point for me and of course Mrs P!

Thanks for reading and best of luck with whatever you're doing. I'll try catch up with other blogs in the next few days!

11 comments:

Rosie said...

Well done on all counts, Pud. Fingers firmly crossed for you.

Swifty said...

Excellent news!

Hope to catch you on MSN some time matey.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff !

Amatay said...

Good post m8. Glad things are on the up.

Anonymous said...

get in you little french fucker!!! loving it baby - give that woman some special pulluving!!!!

see you at the tables matey - you gonna play the DTD thing?

Anonymous said...

that was my obv - kennooooooo

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Thanks guys!

Kenn - Can't do the DTD thing because it's on a Sunday and I won't have the net at home for a month or so anyway

Kirby the German Roofer said...

Pud, Roofer ere, lend me some of tht prozac u selfish cunt!

Spunksock said...

ghey post.
Glad ur ok tho fish.

Big Black Dog said...

3-0,good result!! hope it all goes ok.

Binner said...

Nice one yorkie. Good post son and glad to see things are really on the up.