Tuesday 20 November 2007

This Is Going To Be A Real Grind!

After much thought and deliberation I have decided that I am going to, initially, leave the cash games alone and instead try to master SnG's on Full Tilt. The main reasons for this are the constraints of my current bankroll and the playing time and conditions. My entire bankroll is going to be almost exactly $50 which would mean I would have to short stack NL2 on Stars and that would drive me insane in less than 25 minutes. Also, by the time I get home, eat, shower and we get Step Pud settled it's at least 2100, sometimes later, and it's hardly fair to expect Mrs P to sit there whilst I hit the tables, plus I'd never get to talk properly to her or anything as I'd have to concentrate on 6-8 cash tables whereas with SnG I can play 8-12 easily with little in the way of concentration.

My $50 roll means that I am going to be stuck playing the $1.25 Turbo's on Full Tilt with only 40 buy ins which isn't ideal but it is manageable. I should be able to hit an ROI of around 25% at these stakes even if I 8-10 table which would mean a profit of $0.31 per game which would mean I would be rolled for the $2.25's with 50 buy-ins within about 200 games. From there I plan to grind the $2.25 games until I am rolled for 65 buy-ins for the $6.50 games which will mean I need $310 profit which I estimate will take me around 700 games at a 20% ROI. So in short I plan to be fully rolled for the $6.50's by Christmas. I'll also be earning the paltry sum of $0.06 per game from rakeback, maybe $0.07 if they round up as the figure is $0.0675 per game which will mean I get around $60 in rakeback which will come in handy. So 900-1000 SnG's in 25 days is going to take some doing but playing continuously for a couple of hours with 10 tables this should be pretty easy if I don't go mad first!

Things on the home front are still going good and it feels as if we've lived together for ages and not just two weeks. I feel comfortable around Mrs P no matter what we're doing and Step Pud seems to have settled too and really likes me. Last night I was messing about with a Bob The Builder helmet with him, putting it on him and then on me and just been daft and he game me a cuddle and one of those baby kisses where they attempt to eat your whole head! Apart from being more mentally healthy I'm feeling in top shape despite suffering with the tail end of a cold. I'm hardly drinking anymore, eating healthier and at a proper time and I've lost half a stone since I moved in but that could also be because of the 4 miles of walking a day, mostly uphill and the amount of sexy time we're getting through, which may I add I seem to have mastered again and got pretty good once more if I say so myself! Week off this week though as Liverpool are playing at home if you know what I mean! LOL! Mrs P is going to see her ex this afternoon because he said he wants to talk and I hope it doesn't upset her too much because I know how she thinks and overthinks things and I remember when I split up from Pud Jr's mum we had a similar talk and it was mainly her crying at me and telling me she loved me still and shit like that. At least once this is out of the way he should know it's done and dusted and everyone can move on fully.

I no longer work at the pub which I have mixed feelings about. My last shift was Sunday and the new landlord and land lady don't want any staff at all so I have more free time which is good but I suppose I will miss some of the craic there because it was a laugh. The vast majority of the customers are twats but there are a few decent people there who have become friends and I'll certainly pop down now and again to see how they're getting on and of course sample some amber nectar too! I'll be seeing the landlord this coming Monday though as I am driving him down to Milton Keynes where he'll be staying with friends for a night before jetting off to Canada for three months leaving me in charge of his car which will be helpful. I think Mrs and Step Pud are coming along for the drive too so we'll have to do my ritual and stop a couple of times for the God awful toilets and massively overpriced KFC and Burger Kings! We've said we might stop off in Burnley on the way back too because Mrs P has friends there from way back when but we'll have to see what time we're at on the way back and how Step Pud is standing up to the travelling. Mik, I might even be able to say hi to you in your own town since you were too gay to come to the pub that time I was working in the pub and you were visiting Emm's olds or whatever!

That's about it for now boys and girls. Not much else to report on. I'm trying to keep my nose clean at work and so far so good but there is still that atmosphere and feeling that everything I do is being scrutinised and documented but I don't plan on being here for too much longer. I want to get Christmas and the New year out of the way before deciding anything and then I'm going to work something out because 2008 is going to be the year of the Pud! I have the chance of a totally fresh start because the constraints of my bankruptcy end, I have a new place, renewed health and a fantastic girl to build something with!

Oh and thanks to BurnleyMik who voted my "I've Been Tagged" post the blog post of the week on the Raise The River blog!

Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pud, if you do stop off in Burnley, give me a quick call and I'll meet you for a pint somewhere.