Sunday 23 September 2007

Days 1-2/88: Total Puddination!

Watch out micro-stakes NL because Yorkshire Pudding is back and on top form! As you'll have read in my previous post I've decided to try take a paltry $88 and play full ring NLHE on Party Poker and see if I can get it to $888 in 88 days. Well if things continue as they are I should reach the $888 an awful lot sooner than I anticipated.

When the USA could play on Party is was a total fish tank but when they were basically banned everyone said the games had tightened up and were nowhere near as profitable. Well Party have done us Europeans a massive favour and taken the game of internet poker to Germany and Russia. No disrespect to any German readers but fuck me your fellow countrymen do not have a clue! Every table as at least 5 Germans prepared to go all-in with 2nd pair no kicker, it's fucking brilliant!

I started off by firing up 4 tables of the smallest NL games which have blinds of $0.02/$0.04 but you can buy-in for $5. I dropped about half a buy-in by being too aggressive and not paying attention but I soon got in the zone and even added another 2 tables for a total of 6, meaning I'm logging at least 300 hands per hour! To say the NL5 games are easy is the understatement of the month, just playing ABC TAG poker is enough to destroy these games. If I hadn't have got carried away with Queens and then again with the slags later in my session (both time vs KK) I'd have made a lot more money than I have! Saying that though I have played 1850 hands of NL5 and reaped $31.40 in profits with an earn rate of 21.22PTBB/100! I'm running at 19/9/2.6 which isn't too bad but is a small sample size really but my postional stats look to be pulling into line now with tight up front and looser nearer the button so I ampleased.

Because I hit the $120 mark I decided to swap a couple of NL5 tables for NL10 tables with the idea if I dropped a couple of buyins I'd drop back to playing only NL5 games. So far so good from the 247 hands I've logged as I've managed a small profit of just over one buy-in ($10.90) and I ffel very comfortable here. I played a bit looser on the NL10 tables because it seemed like everyone were rocks and I ran at 23/12/5 and played mainly small pots and took pots away on the turn and a couple of river bluffs! It's all gravy!

I'm starting my barshift in 10 minutes but I should be able to log an hour's worth of play when I am done with my new "not drinking as much" mentality and also because I have the poker bug and am finding it easy 6 tabling so I can actually log a decent amount of hands for a change! I'll be playing 3 tables of NL5 and 3 of NL10 until my roll hits the $200 mark although when it gets closer to $180 I might swap another NL5 table, but we'll see how I feel etc.

As always thanks for reading and best of luck at the tables. Spunk Sock, I'm gunning for you bitch!

2 comments:

Amatay said...

I told you and that feeeeesh sock that FR at PP is the way forward. Rack up a million tarbs and play patient. Dont start thinking its too easy either, just play consistent. Control control control. Turn 88 into 8888888888 in a few months m8 ;-) glglglgl

portdeco20 said...

'Every table as at least 5 Germans prepared to go all-in with 2nd pair no kicker, it's fucking brilliant!'

looooooooooooooooool

congrats, gl atb