Tuesday 11 September 2007

Ol' Blue Eyes Is Back!

Hello boys and girls, a recharged and refreshed Yorkshire Pudding blogging back on home soil. The short break has done me the world of good and gave me the oppurtunity to sort my head out, realise a few things and to make a few plans to get myself back on track in general.

The holiday got off without a hitch, I went to see the potential Mrs P before I set off and we had a decent chat which put my mind at ease and the drive down was a nice steady affair with no traffic jams or anything like that. I managed to check in without any problems and had a gander around the shops. I was a bit shocked to pay £10 for an English brekkie but I was served by a stunning Polish bird so I suppose it was worth it. I nearly died when I had to pay £3.50 for a fucking pint of Carling in the airport and buy the time I'd bought some smelly I'd blown £70 before setting foot on the big iron bird!

Flight took just under 4 hours but it went very quickly, especially as I had a whole row of seats which I could sprawl out on and relax! Mum and Dad Pudding picked me up from the airport and took me straight to the villa so I could get a shower and stuff before heading out for something to eat. The first thing that struck me was the "martian" landscape of lanzarote. For those of you who don't know the country is basically the result of volcanic activity and there are black lava fields everywhere and red sand. it has to be seen to be believed, it'slike being on an alien planet! We had something quick to eat before purchasing some uber-cheap Finnish Vodka and some smokes for my trip. With all the travelling I was knackered so we sat by our pool and kissed goodbye to my vodka, all 1 litre of it! 0430 I went to bed but I don't remember much after 0130! I had a good chat with my olds and told them about my drugs I'd taken, my dreams and fears and it was good to get things off my chest.

The next day we went to a place called Timanfaya which is basically a semi-dormant volcano which last erupted in the 1750's. On the way there you get to see the destruction the eruption caused as there are 6-10 foot high lava fields as far as the eye can see. When there they pour water down a man made hole and it fires steam out like a geiser and they also cook a BBQ over a big hole they've dug which was pretty cool. The laugh of the day was when me missed out on a little gimmick where one of the tour guides digs some pebbles up and places them in the hands of the tourists and they are taht hot they have to juggle them. My mum wanted to sample this and said "I wish he'd put his hot stones in my hand" LMFAO. Bless her! My dad had a brilliant knack of getting lost but also took me to a few places to see which if you're into that sort of thing were pretty cool. I'm not usually over into sight seeing but enjoyed some of the places we went to.

I won't bore you with the places we visit but I will tell you a few things I've realised. As much as I slag England off I realised it is a beautiful place. When I took off from Manchester and saw all the farmers fields and stuff like that I realised how beautiful our country actually is. Seeing it on the way back during the night when you can see arteries of orange street lights it is truely amazing. The Spanish way of life is the way to go. They are just so laid back it is unreal. If they aren't in control of a situation then they don't stress because no matter how much they stress they can't control it so what is the point? It's a way of thought I'll be taking on from now on especially in the Mrs P department. If it happens, it happens, if not, so what, it's not overly important is it really in the grand scheme of things? I'm going to live life for me and how I want to do it and stop living it for others and under the influence and control of other people.

Sorry this entry is a bit fragmented and probably not full of the debauchery and filth you expected but you should be happy in the fact that Yorkshire Pudding is back and feels back to his best again so hopefully some quality posts should start to flow naturally again, rather than me struggling to write anything of note.

That's all for now people, time to hit the tables on my day off. As the Spaniards say, Hasta Manana!

3 comments:

Swifty said...

Welcome back!

What I want to know is how you got back from the airport. All this free travel advice takes it out of me, you know ;).

Amatay said...

Man, didnt you get any whores out there or do anything good?? Only joking fish sounds like a nice trip. The control stuff you were talking about is good shit. My Uni lecturer/mentor once told me control the controllables. Good advice.

Anonymous said...

If you told your mum and dad everything in ur mind I am suprised you are not wearing a straight jacket now!!! LOL

Glad you had a good one mate and good to see ya back.